Friday, March 7, 2008

The Progressive Era

Yea, ok, so I'm a history geek. What can I say...

So we're talking about this in my history class and I was actually reading my book for once and things are finally starting to connect. In class, Burdick said that Progress had become a secular religion. And he's right. It still is today, especially for businesses and churches, ironically enough...

In the book, Woodrow Wilson is quoted saying, "We are not put into this world to sit still and know. We are put into it to act." How true is this?!

Especially as Christians. Not the mere fact that we need to be "active in our faith" but to be active Monday- Saturday, doing what God has called you into the world to do or be. For me, this means being the best friend I can, being the best committee member I can, and being the best student I can. (For now anyway....)

Maybe for you it means doing any random act of kindness in a day. Or maybe it means sharing part of what you own with someone who has so little.

You know what you are called to do. How you are called to act. DO that. BE that. ACT.

Actions speak louder than words remember.... (this is what I keep in mind as to whether or not I should evangelize... yuck...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heart your insight-- keep seeking :)