Thursday, June 5, 2008

+==running==+

Running.

It's so freeing.

When nothing is stopping you... no time constraints... no injury... not even any pain.

I'm trying running as a meditative sort of thing these days.

In my process of trying to get in shape, I find that running (whether i have to interject walking or not doesn't matter anymore) feels so good.

The other day was rough and even though i probably ran about a mile total, because my breathing was short and inconsistent, i found myself struggling. Struggling to make it a while without walking...
But today. Today was different. Today was better because I found my niche. Inhale (two steps) exhale (two steps):: repeat:: It was perfect. I made it TWO miles with just a short break.
Then because it was somewhat meditative I imagined or rather tried to feel the Spirit of God enter my body as I ran the first two steps and then exhaled all the frustrations in my life as I stepped the next two. It's an amazing feeling.... it's hard when you get bored of running, but that is when you find a new path and take that... find new things and run more.
Be free. Free in Christ, free in deed, free in life. Be free.
i'm going running again.

No comments: