Sunday, September 21, 2008

+==Doubt==+

So here is a prayer of confession from my church at home which really struck me a while back.


O God, I confess my doubt to you, for it is deep and wide, like a fresh would whose sting cannot be softened by any ointment or bandage.

One moment, I praise with song and dance and the next moment, I turn away from you. I mistakenly beg for certainty, proof, and control over that which cnanot be known or controlled. I cry out, "Show me!"

My doubt suffocates me even while you breathe on and within me. Open space for me enough to breathe in hte reality of your presence in all htat I do, in all that I seek, in all that I doubt, and resore new life in me that I may know belief in you, which is deeper and wider than any doubt.

Guide my questions that they may expand my awareness and trust amidst the unkown, the mystery, the inexplicable. Amen

No comments: