Saturday, July 3, 2010

{reminder}

This is my biblical mantra for next year... "Jesus said, "Don't load yoursel[f] up with equipment. Keep it simple: you are the equipment." (Luke 9:3 MSG)
.
What Jesus said
serves as a reminder
or maybe even a
first
thought. He said
the words we need to hear
the words that give us
peace
love
hope
courage to go on.

What Jesus said
hits me hard
like a ton of bricks.
convicted.
Live simply, he said.
Don't load yourself
up,
he said.

What Jesus said
reminds me that I am
enough.
I am what I am,
just like
God is
what God is.

I am reminded
that I am what I
need.
No more and
certainly
no less.

Material objects are
futile.
To live a life for
Christ
all we need is to
let God be God
in us.
through us.
with us.

In God we
live and
move and
have our being.
That is more than
enough
for me to keep living
and moving
and being.

It is a reminder
to me
to love people with
my equipment.
To love people
with
all of me.

Keep it
simple,
he said. Because
you
are the equipment.