Tuesday, March 15, 2011

[Gospel truths from a homeless kid]

[I walk onto the patio to encounter a client sitting on the ground with a book in his lap, eating fruit snacks.]
me: Oh you're reading 'The Key to a Successful Life', that sounds promising.
client: what do you mean?
me: I mean, it sounds like if you want a successful life you have to read the book.
client: Naw... that's for douchebags.
me: Why's that?
client: Because people that are successful... people that have money... they're all mad and shit.
me: What do you mean?
client: People with lots of money have problems man... I'm poor and I'm happy everyday! More money means more things to worry about.
.
This is Gospel... Scripture... Truth... from the mouth of a homeless kid. Just the way Jesus likes it.

2 comments:

allyvertigan said...

amen <3

Devin Ashley said...

wow. that's amazing to me. (in a good way :))