Saturday, May 14, 2011

[liberation]

I've talked about freedom.
I've learned about humility.
I've experienced movement.
I've written about liberation theology.
.
I'm learning that these things are all the same.
.
Today I went on the longest run of my life.
A whopping 5.5 miles.
.
Depending on who you are, that may or may not seem like a lot of mileage. No matter what that number means to you, it now means the world to me. It means that I have a capability I didn't think I had. It means that there is something in me that will allow me to run harder, faster, better and stronger than I ever imagined.
.
It has released in me a renewed passion for movement.
Movement is liberation.
The freedom to run is just that... a freedom... a privilege... available to some but not all.
.
I am liberated by the pounding of my feet on the pavement.
I am freed by the wind blowing with me or against me.
I am reminded of my limits when my knees and ankles hurt.
I am encouraged by the spirit when I feel like I can't keep going...
.
I am refreshed. renewed. rejuvinated.
.
all because of the Spirit. the Movement. the Liberation.
Moving through me
in me
around me
with me.
.
.
and for your listening pleasure...

No comments: