Wednesday, February 2, 2011

[we've had enough]

Psalm 12: 1-6 (The Message)

1-2 Quick, God, I need your helping hand! The last decent person just went down,
All the friends I depended on gone.
Everyone talks in lie language;
Lies slide off their oily lips.
They doubletalk with forked tongues.

3-4 Slice their lips off their faces! Pull
The braggart tongues from their mouths!
I'm tired of hearing, "We can talk anyone into anything!
Our lips manage the world."

5 Into the hovels of the poor,
Into the dark streets where the homeless groan, God speaks:
"I've had enough; I'm on my way
To heal the ache in the heart of the wretched."

-----------
I'm having a hard time believing that God is saving my kids... in this area of work it isn't difficult to feel like there is no improvement. I don't want to feel hopeless. I don't want to feel like the world is closing in on my clients. I want there to be relief. I suppose I just need to keep working... and working... praying... and praying in hopes that the work we are doing will "heal the ache in the heart of the wretched." The homeless youth of Los Angeles and all around the world are groaning. They want change. They need help. They're craving real community.
-----------
So God, we've all had enough. We're sick of it... I know you're not only on your way but that you are already here doing what you can through us, your faithful people. Continue to move through our words and our actions so that these youth may come to know Resurrection... Life... and Love.
Amen. and Amen.

No comments: