Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Oh, Jesus

So, I had a revelation while reading for homework the other night. My next post after this will expand on the idea, but I want to hear your thoughts...



I read a quote by Dorothy Day who was the founder of the Catholic Worker House and Paper. She said, "It is cheering to remember that Jesus Christ wandered this earth with no place to lay HIs head. The foxes have holes and the birds of the air their nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay His head."



Jesus never had a place to live!



(that's not an exclamation point like HAHA JESUS DIDN"T HAVE A PLACE TO LIVE! but more like whoa, Jesus really didn't have a place to live)



Think about that and tell me what you think....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think that i want to have the faith jesus had that God would provide him places to stay. I don't want lots of things to call my own. I want to imitate Jesus to the utmost in all things-- including the way I live. I suck at it now- but God's showing me how to live simply and I want to live with the same exact faith Christ had. Not knowing where my next anything is coming but by Christ's provision. :)