Friday, September 17, 2010

[everyday life]



So, now that I have internet at home, I have better blogging capabilities :) How lucky you are. So I thought I would update you all on my life at home. Firstly, here's my nook. And here's my other nook where all my posters from my wonderful church people reside.
I live in a robin's egg blue house that is shared with my korean landlord and his family (1137 1/2), as well as an hispanic family (1139). We live at 1137. We love it. It has total character and is filled with clutter here and there from the past few years of JVC kids. The couches are worn in, some chairs are broken, the shower curtain rod is being held up by a string, and the walls are thin. And we love it. That is true beauty, my friends. We have visited several of the other nearby JVC houses and ours is definitely the best. (Perhaps we're just biased.)
.
Here are various pictures of my roommates (props to hannah for the pictures):

Here is John with a peg leg. Don't judge. He thinks he's a pirate... we don't tell him otherwise... (just kidding...)


This is Ben. He's from Texas. Again, Don't judge.
This boy has dance moves.


And here's everyone else. Dave (who's from Evanston), Hannah, my colombian chica who shimmies like no one I've ever seen, Kat, my roommate and a very cool cat... (hahah... no pun intended, although, I'm not sure that's even a pun.), and Shannon, the hilarious pizza cooking mastermind and my hiking buddy.
.
My roommates are wonderful people who live and breath faith and social justice. We discuss the touchy subjects. We share in fellowship every day. We love each other despite our faults.
.
Then I remember it's only been a month. We have eleven more months of this. We're excited about it. We're ready to face the challenges and the joys as they come. It's going to be a wild ride, folks. Buckle in and keep all extremities inside the vehicle.
.
I'll leave you with this. Last week Shannon and I went for a hike in Will Rogers State Park. Here's one of the views from the top. It was REALLY nice to get out of the city and breathe some fresh air. There isn't much of it here.


1 comment:

gertrude said...

psst.. your posters are crooked ( i think thats how you spell it) but i'm like flo so it bothers me.. haha sorry but love youuuu and p.s. Glee started today!!
-gert