Tuesday, July 26, 2011

[family]


So as I'm starting to wind down my time here at MFP, I'm having all these really hard conversations with clients about my leaving MFP. We have to do it in a graceful ways so as to model what it's like for a client to also transition out of MFP when they age out at 25.
.....
Client: Where's Dave?
Me: Dave's out on vacation.
Client: Oh, ok so does that mean you're next?
Me: No, actually, Dave is gone this week then next week is our last week at MFP.
Client: Oh really?
Me:Yea, time flies huh? It's already been a year!
Client: Well, I suppose we all need to fly the coop at some point. I'm flying next month.
Me: Oh yea? Where are you headed?
Client: Well, I turn 25, so...
Me: Oh, really? Dang.
Client: Yea, well, I'll still come back once and a while. At least I've got a job and I'm saving up
money. It will certainly help aging out of here.
Me: Yup. That's awesome! Good for you! Besides, with that, you'll get to a point where you won't need us anymore.
Client: Well, you always need your family. You know? This [conversation] is always needed...
Me: You know we're always here for that.

No comments: