Tuesday, July 19, 2011

[running with humility]

So, I've been running a lot more consistently, thanks to a plan my sister set up for me. It has sparked in me new determination and hope for my body and my attempt to embody my spirituality. A while back I read a post by friend and pastor, Jes Kast-Keat as she explained how running is humbling. She also mentioned a website called RunRevRun.net which is designed to be a support system for future and current ministers all across the country. While browsing the website I found this post. It was more of this "humility" talk that I find incredibly helpful.



How do you embody your spirituality? What is it that humbles you?

1 comment:

gertrude said...

That's sooo weird. The other day when I was sending you new workouts I somehow got sidetracked and ended up at that website.. I read that the other day and forgot to forward it to you. I love the line: “We need people who will be gracious with themselves, and with others, when failure happens. Otherwise, we’ll be so afraid of failure that we’ll just stop trying.”