Friday, April 30, 2010

~Immigration~

You know, for being such a "Christian" nation, we aren't very Christian..

Leviticus 19:34
33 " 'When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. 34 The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God. (cf. Exodus 22:21, 23:9; Deut. 10:19)

Psalm 146:9
The LORD watches over the alien and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.

Matthew 25:31-46
I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

-----
Those traveling over the border just want to make a better life for themselves... what's so wrong with that? By forcing them to stay in their own country, we are perpetuating a problem. We must stand with them and help them feel welcome. We are the richest country in the world... I think we can spare jobs to save lives.




No comments: