Thursday, March 11, 2010

+Lent2010: Oh, God...+

"How funny god is.. mmm?!" -- Yoda
.
So, I thought maybe I would read todays StillSpeaking devotional and it would have some awesome insight into my seminary visit this weekend and trying to figure out whether or not I want to go here. See, I keep saying, I'm worried my nostalgia will get the best of me and all of my memories of SYI will come flooding back. I'm so comfortable here and feel like I belong... but I know just because I'm comfortable doesn't mean I'm meant to go here... after all, that's what happened with college the first time around. I told that to one of my friends (that goes to PTS) and he said, "Don't let it." Easier said than done, my friend. I love this place with a lot of my heart... but I don't want to go here if that's the only reason. (I hate driving in Pitt anyway...)
.
So back to the stillspeaking devotional... the writer for this time around used a passage from Joshua 4 to talk about how things in our past can be stumbling blocks and prevent us from seeing new opportunities and possibilities that may lie ahead.
.
At this point, I'm thinking, "Awesome... God is speaking to me through this email... I can't let my relationship with PTS get in the way..." and then the author of the email wrote, "But just as the past can be a stumbling block, it can also be a stepping stone." Really... REALLY KENNETH SAMUEL!? Of course... God isn't going to make this easy. I know, I know... I have at least 4 other seminaries to visit. Maybe I will feel called to one specific one and it will be so blatantly obvious I will have never had to worry about it. OR perhaps, as I said the other day and as Laura mentioned tonight, maybe me coming to SYI was an introduction to PTS because without SYI I would have never known of this seminary...
.
Darn double-edged sword... It gives me lots to think about... pray about... and discern about... This is only the beginning of a process. I like it though :)

No comments: