Thursday, March 4, 2010

+Lent2010: Joy+

I love meeting people over again...
.
tonight I ran into one of my friends who I see everyday but we never hang out. She's always doing homework and I always pass by on my way back from a meeting. It's a fun relationship.
.
But tonight was different.
.
Tonight we talked for over an hour about our lives/faith/callings/etc. and it was incredibly random. At one point I told her i should go and let her get back to homework and she said no, she is always too busy doing homework and missing out on her college experience and getting to know people. I told her I have been feeling that way for WEEKS! It was amazing. We chatted and laughed... and laughed some more. We learned so much about each other it was shocking.
.
The Inward/Outward for today goes perfectly:

We all underestimate our need for joy. If we are not careful, we live as if our schedules are our lives. We cross one thing after another off the list. At the end of the day, we have completed our chores, but we haven't necessarily been present for our own experiences. (Mary Pipher)

No comments: