Wednesday, March 10, 2010

+Lent2010: Weather and Hope+

There is something so powerful about a change in weather. People are in a better mood. Things seem easier. Life seems better. It can made a bad day a good day.
.
I just went for an hour long run because it is 61 degrees outside. Holy cow. It's always about finding joy in the little things. All of next week is supposed to be in the high 40s. It isn't the 60s, but I will take it. I will take any positive energy that comes from the weather. It makes me feel better and lets face it... I wear my emotions on my sleeve so when I am in a happy mood, everyone around me becomes happier too :) That is the way it typically works with anyone, right?
.
This is why I always hope for sun on Easter. It makes the resurrection that much more real. If Jesus came "back from the dead" on a rainy day, I'm just not sure it would have the same effect. And in my experience, Easter is much more enjoyable when the sun is shining and I can wear a skirt to church!
.
This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments: