Sunday, March 28, 2010

+Lent2010: Fuzzy Feelings 1+

So here I am in Boston, Massachusetts. Tomorrow I will be exploring Andover-Newton Theological School (ANTS) in Newton Center, MA. It's where the senior pastor at my home church, Tom Ott, went to seminary. It's a great school and I am really drawn by their interfaith work, their classes, their chapel, and their location.
.
Tomorrow will be a test. It will be the first seminary at which I am doing an official visit and is one to which I have never been before. It will be interesting to see how it goes. I'm not trying to expect anything because as I have learned in the past, it is better to be expectant, not expecting something. I'm expecting it to be a good, learning experience.
.
After all, I may be spending 3 years of my life here, down the road. We'll see. The song entitled "Boston" by Augustana says:

She said I think I'll go to Boston...
I think I'll start a new life,
I think I'll start it over, where no one knows my name,
I'll get out of California

Well, that's about right... get out of California.. I will be in LA for the next year and then go onto seminary. Weird. We'll see if I get the fuzzy feelings tomorrow.
.
After all, the fuzzy feelings is really what it's all about.

No comments: